Copyright 2015 Maurice E. Heskett, all rights reserved.

I had printed out something I had an interest in a few days ago, and when
I picked it up just now, I see a very disturbing to me, notice at the
bottom of the last page saying

CopyRight 2015 GitHub, inc.

No wonder I am seeing derogatory remarks all over about GitHub recently,
they are trying the same thing Yahoo tried 15 years ago, claiming
copyright on anything that passes thru their servers.

My own email sig, because of that, carried a Copyright (year) Maurice E.
Heskett, all rights reserved on any message that went thru their mailing
list server farm for several years.  Yahoo finally removed that from
their T.O.S., but I was on 3 or four lists that got moved off of yahoo
because of that.

Is it time we did the same here?  Placing a prominent Copyright claim in
our own names on everything shared on GitHub (or sourceforge from what I
read elsewhere) from now on?

The last thing we need is some patent/copyright troll claiming he bought
the rights to something we originated, and that we are in violation of
what should be our own copyright.

I was in the middle of one such instance back in the late 90's, effecting
all broadcasters, and which took the FCC to write a law, passed by both
houses unamimously, making that particular claim null and void.  Had it
held, damages would have been several million per broadcaster.  But we
were adament about it, we were damned if we were gonna pay some troll to
use the technology the government had mandated we use.  In the end, the
one dummy that paid up was granted a refund, but I've no clue if he ever
saw a check.

It COULD happen to us.  Specifically, whats the best way to neuter this
crap.