On Tuesday 16 June 2015 17:58:05 George Ramsower wrote:
> On 6/16/2015 11:12 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 June 2015 03:39:48 Erik Christiansen wrote:
> >
> > And its the main reason I host my own meager efforts right here on
> > this machine.  I have been a fan of the TRS-80 Color Computer since
> > the 80's, and an os9/nitros9 author since the late 80's.  Its been
> > one hell of a teacher as os9/nitros9 is a pretty full blown unix
> > workalike that can run on any 6x09 based machine with 64k of ram,
> > fully
> > multiuser/multitasking (until it runs out of memory for the user,
> > but the way os9 level 2 maps memory, I have a whopping 2 megabytes
> > in mine.) 100% community supported today, and one fellow is running
> > a web server from his machine.  Written in basic09.
> >
> > So I effectively have one leg back in Jurrasic times computerwise.
> > :)
> >
> > There's a lurker here I think, who is running his small home made
> > milling machine with a "coco".  He built all the motor drivers &
> > interfacing hardware for it.  I'll let him speak up when he is
> > ready.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
>   Thanks for the introduction, Gene. I'm that lurker!

Welcome George.  We don't bite very often here.

>   George Ramsower, just north of San Antonio.
>   I do like my "Micro Mill" as they are called but I just call it a
> "Desktop Mill". Lately, I've been creating the rest of an alphabet. I
> already have 0-9 numbers and nine alpha characters written.
>   As I get better, I intend to get back onto this particular software
> project.
>   The objective here is to be able to make mail box tags and see if
> anyone will buy them. If there aren't any sales, it's not a big deal
> as then I can make one for MY mail box.

I engraved a brass plaque, for beside the doorbell, and for the mailbox.
I had this brass kickplate laying around getting scuffed & nothing
better to do for a few hours. ;-)

> That's all I really wanted to
> do anyway! I'll end up with labels and tags on several things around
> here. Then I can get back to building parts for my next steam engine.
>
> George R

while I have your attention, the hobby shops sell brass tubeing that each
size telescopes in the next size or or down.  For a piece thats 3/8" OD,
what is the bore size?  I need to shim a couple of lovejoys that are
3/8" bore, down to 8mm to fit some big honky nema 23's.  Do-able?