On 07/14/2015 10:43 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 July 2015 10:49:08 Kirk Wallace wrote:
>> On 07/14/2015 04:02 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>> ... snip

>> well. All the MPGs had a generous application of a messy black grease.
>> I'm guessing it's some type of molybdenum grease.
>
> I am in concurrence on that, and I would probably dip into a small jar of
> barrel treatment grease for its replacement.  Do you need some?

I inherited a variety of lubricants from my Dad that I've had on the
shelf for decades. There is a bucket of moly grease there that I will
likely pass on to someone else.

... snip

>> center section is 3mm dia. and the pins 1.8mm. If it doesn't work out,
>> I know a guy that can make more ( :) ).
>
> Oh, who might that be except for yourself?  Does he work cheap enough?
> <VBSEG>

I have a crew; me, myself, and I

> Can you get drill rod that size?  And how wide is the roller section?

I haven't measured it yet, but it's probably close to 2mm wide with each
pin at 2mm each. I suspect I'll be turning 90% of the stock into chips.
The roller is already in the piece of stock, I just need to get rid or
the unneeded bits.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/