On Tuesday 14 July 2015 20:18:02 Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On 07/14/2015 10:43 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 July 2015 10:49:08 Kirk Wallace wrote:
> >> On 07/14/2015 04:02 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>
> >> ... snip
> >>
> >> well. All the MPGs had a generous application of a messy black
> >> grease. I'm guessing it's some type of molybdenum grease.
> >
> > I am in concurrence on that, and I would probably dip into a small
> > jar of barrel treatment grease for its replacement.  Do you need
> > some?
>
> I inherited a variety of lubricants from my Dad that I've had on the
> shelf for decades. There is a bucket of moly grease there that I will
> likely pass on to someone else.

I expect that will happen to my stock also.

> ... snip
>
> >> center section is 3mm dia. and the pins 1.8mm. If it doesn't work
> >> out, I know a guy that can make more ( :) ).
> >
> > Oh, who might that be except for yourself?  Does he work cheap
> > enough? <VBSEG>
>
> I have a crew; me, myself, and I

As long as they don't start an argument or go on strike. :)
My back goes out way more than I do.

> > Can you get drill rod that size?  And how wide is the roller
> > section?
>
> I haven't measured it yet, but it's probably close to 2mm wide with
> each pin at 2mm each. I suspect I'll be turning 90% of the stock into
> chips. The roller is already in the piece of stock, I just need to get
> rid or the unneeded bits.

Like me, I started with what was a huge block of alu to make that
mounting sleeve, and like the sculpter carving an elephant, removing
anything that didn't look like an elephant. I have a 40 gallon  trash
can on the shop deck, 1/4 full of alu swarf. But I found that sleeve
hiding in it. :)