I forgot to mention I had those AMT encoders on my RF45 cnc mill. I must
say that they seemed to work very well. Most remarably once I had built
some nice aluminum enclosures for the encoders and had the wires running
thru surgical tubing to protect them in the full flood coolant environment.
well one day I removed the screwed on cover to adjust the encoder count
which is adjustable on these and I failed to properly seal the enclosure.
The X axis started acting funny and I did not realize why until I opened up
that cover again only to find the encoder was taking a bath in coolant
(GASP!!)  I took it out, cleaned and blew compressed air across it for
awhile, and ordered another one. In the mean time once it was fully dry I
tried it again to see if the problem went away. It did indeed go away and
the axis worked as it did when new.. I received the new encoder a few days
later and went ahead and replaced it anyways but the machine ran for almost
a week daily with the encoder that went swimming... just saying!! LOL

Pete

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 July 2015 at 17:21, Ken Strauss <ken.stra...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > The site says " Minimum order quantity: 280 ".
>

> So it does. That's what I get from trying to US-ify a link. This is where I
> started off from:
>

> http://uk.farnell.com/avago-technologies/aeat-6010-a06/encoder-magnetic-10bit-12000rpm/dp/2467467
>
> Where the price is £17 and minimum order is 1.
>
> --
> atp
> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
> http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto