On 7/15/15 10:00 AM, Rick Lair wrote:
> What is the proper way then to do that, take for instance the M41, it is
> supposed to signal the low gear change command.
>
> I put those together then 3 yrs ago, and they are on all three machines.
>
> It was the only way I could figure out, with my limited knowledge, how
> to get things to work,

Gear changing is usually handled in HAL using stand-alone components,
not by patching Motion.  I dont know what changes you've made to Motion,
so i don't know if that's appropriate in your case, or if there's
something very unusual about your hardware that requires this unorthodox
approach.

Also, i see you're using the PYTHON_TASK plugin, which was started and
then abandoned by someone who no longer contributes to LinuxCNC, and is
still marked as "experimental".  Are you using it because your
index_fanuc_lathe_tool remap script requires it?  (That script was not
included in your Remapped Codes attachment, btw.)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky