On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 2:49 PM, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:
> Ultimately remoting into the BBB still means learning two operating systems
> when 99.9% of my work is done under Windows.
>
> To drag a drop a file onto the desktop on the Debian BBB MachineKit port
> involves dragging it to the desktop folder and then using the ever present
> and needed text editor to edit the shortcut to make it work properly with
> the correct icon.
>
> In windows you drag it onto the desktop.  Period.  If you want to change
> parameters right click and change stuff in a dialog.  No command line
> needed.
>
> So if LinuxCNC is to be used in windows getting rid of the "Linux Guru
> required"  option is  a major feature.
>
> John

Are you talking about a regular file, or an executable?  Either way,
you can right-click on an icon and adjust the properties there, and
make the file executable if you wish, which has been available since
at least 10.04 LTS..  All done through the GUI.  On my Ubuntu machines
at home and work, I can drag and drop, or cut and paste.  Maybe that's
a legacy of the version of Debian being used in the MachineKit port?

Mark
--
One Man, One Machine, One Computer!  <VBSEG>