Ok,

new information

new ram installed
new ppmc boards
no change in machine motion on the Y axis - the other axes run fine (they
might have been fine before and it may have been my misunderstanding).
once y motion has been started the axis moves until - A. estop  B. motion
change by pressing the opposite motion button C. sometimes the axis will
stop on the motion direction change but most of the time it will just
change direction and continue the motion in the opposite direction.

I told him to type df -h in a terminal to check the hard drive

thanks
Stuart

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM, sam sokolik <sa...@empirescreen.com> wrote:

> or a failing disk...
>
> On 10/29/2015 2:07 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> > On 29 October 2015 at 18:53, Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Shannon at MPM will change the ram on the machine. He said it has been
> >> acting SLOW and strange lately.
> > My recent experience with Linux is that it copes really inelegantly to
> > a full disk, so it might be worth checking disk space.

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.