On 10/29/2015 01:53 PM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> Shannon at MPM will change the ram on the machine. He said it has been
> acting SLOW and strange lately. When I mentioned Dave's comment Shannon
> agreed instantly that could be the problem.

Hmmm, has the computer been rebooted?  It could just have
some semi-crashed service burning CPU time.
That could make the GUI real laggy.  Like VMS (a DEC OS)
Linux will try to run with a failed hard drive, just running
off what is in the disk cache (which is all of the unused
memory).  Slowly, normal utilities will hang, and the system
will get more and more stuck processes until you can't do
anything.  When you try to reboot, it will either clear the
fault or not boot.

Jon