On 5 November 2015 at 01:57, Ralph Stirling
<ralph.stirl...@wallawalla.edu> wrote:
> I use Linuxcnc for machine automation in my manufacturing lab,
> and am bothered by the difficulty of creating "infinite loops".
> I often want to have a machine sit an indefinite amount of time
> until a sensor signals it is time to make the next move.

The problem is entirely with the graphical preview. If you don't need
the graphical preview then using one of the simpler GUIs might be an
answer.
(tklinuxcnc, for example).

Does you process need G-code at all? You might want to consider a
GUI-free G-code-free solution just using HAL or HAL and ClassicLadder.

A GladeVCP Panel and a HAL file can be a very adaptable and useful
control system.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.