As a self taught programmer, cook, engineer, machinist, welder, jack of
all trades master of a few I could never see me wanting to use an
infinite loop for anything CNC related. I would have my input run the
subroutine program.

I understand this is normal for a PLC (I program them as well) to scan
the ladder forever waiting on an input so maybe you need to use
ClassicLadder instead.

JT