On 4 January 2016 at 23:18, Marcus Bowman
<marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> Taking another view, absolute machine co-ordinates should be just that -
> absolute. In that case, Max_Limit should refer to a count of the co-ordinates
> within the currently selected co-ordinate system G54 etc so that I can reset
> that count by resetting the co-ordinates.

No, the max-limit and min-limit are the hard physical limits of the
axis, and are absolute.

However, there ought to be a way to disable the limits on a rotary
axis. You could just use much bigger numbers. 9999 degrees is only 27
full revolutions. I don't know if there is any limit to how big the
limits can be, it's probably float-max (10^308)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.