On Tuesday 05 January 2016 03:31:58 Sarah Armstrong wrote:

> it looks like a path problem Gene,
> it's trying to find the path to features.ui
>
> if it runs from the command line , then check the path in your ini
> ( dont worry i had the same problem )

If by running from a cd to that directory, which is in the
/home/gene/linuxcnc directory (and I did not remove the -master from
the pathname), then yes, doing a "./features.py --catalog=mill". appears
to work as intended although I haven't attempted to actually design
something yet.

> where have you placed linuxcnc-features ?

/home/gene/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features-master

Path, in the .ini is:
[DISPLAY]
GLADEVCP = -U --catalog=mill features.ui
FEATURE_PATH = /home/gene/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features-master
# Name of display program, e.g., xemc
DISPLAY = axis

And I might have found it, that is supposed to be
FEATURES_PATH above.  Missing an S

Unfortunately, that did not fix it. What I am looking at in the terminal
screen exactly matches what I posted below.

So I moved those 2 added lines to below the DISPLAY = axis in case it
was order sensitive, which appears to be a no.  Same error.

I've now checked the created links several time, all are there and good.

In /usr/share/pyshared/gladevcp, an "ls -l features*" shows
gene@coyote:/usr/share/pyshared/gladevcp$ ls -l features*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 59 Jan  4 10:51 features.glade ->
/home/gene/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features-master/features.glade
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Jan  4 10:51 features.py ->
/home/gene/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features-master/features.py

And in /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gladevcp:
root@coyote:/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gladevcp# ls -l features*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 59 Jan  4 13:30 features.glade ->
/home/gene/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features-master/features.glade
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Jan  4 13:30 features.py ->
/home/gene/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features-master/features.py

> did you run the setup?

Setup? Other than the above check to see if the download and unpacking
was ok, no. Its not mentioned in README.md.

One thing I note is that when running standalone, from that directory,
the README.md text says a mill is the default, but its presenting me
with lathe options.

I can run it with no catalog argument, or with --catalog=lathe and get the
same display.

To get the mill menu, I have to add a --catalog=mill to the invocation.

Still stumped.

Thanks Sarah.