Greetings all;

I have, I believe, after going over in "wiring up" procedure in the
README.md file, done everything it seems to call for.  But linuxcnc
falls over while initializing.

Heres a paste from the cli:
gene@coyote:~/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis$ linuxcnc -l
LINUXCNC - 2.7.3
Machine configuration directory is '/home/gene/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis'
Machine configuration file is 'axis.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./core_sim.hal
Note: Using POSIX non-realtime
Found file(REL): ./sim_spindle_encoder.hal
Found file(REL): ./axis_manualtoolchange.hal
Found file(REL): ./simulated_home.hal
Found file(REL): ./check_constraints.hal
task: main loop took 0.011922 seconds
task: main loop took 0.012521 seconds

(gladevcp:14154): libglade-WARNING **: could not find glade
file 'features.ui'
**** GLADE VCP ERROR:    With xml file: features.ui : could not create
GladeXML object
<commandline>:0: gladevcp exited without becoming ready
Embeded tab command "halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x
77594776 -U --catalog=mill features.ui" exited with error: 1
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
task: 1377 cycles, min=0.000018, max=0.012521, avg=0.001059, 2 latency
excursions (> 10x expected cycle time of 0.001000s)
Note: Using POSIX non-realtime
LinuxCNC terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the
log:
    /home/gene/linuxcnc_debug.txt
and
    /home/gene/linuxcnc_print.txt
as well as in the output of the shell command 'dmesg' and in the terminal

>From that, can anyone tell me where I might have a typu?  I have gone
back a second time, finding 2 spelling errors the 2nd time.  But not a
third time.  Partial problem is that the README.md file appears to be
stripped from an html encoded file as some surviving evidence of html in
it.

Does Nick have a web page where I might be able to read it first hand?
Never mind, I'll google.

It does appear to run ok if ./features.py --catalog=mill is exec'd.  So
the error is someplace in my "wiring" :)

Thanks everybody.