On Tuesday 05 January 2016 06:11:25 Sarah Armstrong wrote:
back on list for archival purposes.

> they have changed the way it installs so :-
> i have my version located at /home/sarah/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features
>
> so my added line to [display] section of ini is
> GLADEVCP = -U --catalog=mill
> /home/sarah/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-features/features.ui
>
> apart from running setup in linuxcnc-features , thats all i had to do
> , no other paths etc
> change mill to lathe for lathe etc

I renamed it to linuxcnc-features and remade all the links.  No change.
Going into features.glade, I find this at the top of it:
gene@coyote:/usr/share/pyshared/gladevcp$ cat features.glade
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<interface>
  <requires lib="gtk+" version="2.16"/>

Which may be all well and good for several years ago, but my libgtk+ is
3.4.2-7, and synaptic has to look in the comments to find gtk+

There is not a "setup" file in the zipped archive I got.  Maybe I should
nuke this and go pull a new copy?

I am going to make that version match and see just how big a crash I get.
No diff, it still says it cannot find the features.ui file.