I'd be happy to merge it into either if there's demand. My recent batch of
changes restored the original behavior of the velocity field in EMC status,
so I don't think there are any other obstacles. One minor concern is that
the extra math slightly increases the CPU time for the servo loop, but I
doubt it will matter on reasonably modern hardware.