On Tuesday 26 January 2016 12:41:26 Fox Mulder wrote:

> Am 26.01.2016 um 18:00 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> > On Tuesday 26 January 2016 09:55:33 Fox Mulder wrote:
> >> Am 26.01.2016 um 13:20 schrieb Gene Heskett:
[...]
> There are not much control options because it is only a quick test
> script for opencv with a camera i hacked in a few hours. ;)
>
> I updated the script on pastebin with english help for the key
> bindings. You could just select the color of the grid, some additional
> grid lines and the blob detection.
>
> The scaling just doesn't show the 0 in the left down corner. Also a
> quick hack and it doesn't work very well with different resolutions.
> The hard coded resolutions on keys 1,2,3,4 are for my camera model.
> Maybe you have to change them for yours in the code.
>
> Because my usb microscope camera has a manual focus ring i didn't care
> about controlling the focus. So i think if the camera doesn't do it
> natively the program will not change it at all. ;)
>
> Ciao,
>      Rainer

That is the case with this camera too. But the colonoscopy camera I had
on the toy mill does have internal focus. If I could get to the shop
building and retrieve the remains of that camera, I'll have to see if
its worth being fixable, the whole innards was pulled out the rear of
the tubing  about 3/8" by an accidental tug on the cable. Shoved back in
but not cemented it still works just fine the last time I checked it
with cheese.  I had made a block with a hole in it to mount that one,
with a couple pieces of ball point pen spring and some set-screws to
adjust the parallax with. With long enough 3x.5mm screws, I could fit
that to the bottom of the spindle brake band and still be 1.5 to 2" away
from the workpiece.

But its both wet out, and 40 feet of foot+ of soggy snow to get thru to
do that, but its only uphill one way. :)  It can wait...  The snow is
leaving slowly as its 45F locally.

Thanks Rainer.