On Monday 15 February 2016 19:37:43 Bertho Stultiens wrote:

> On 02/16/2016 01:16 AM, Len Shelton wrote:
> > We in fact see about 2-3 tenths of a thou repeatibility with a slow
> > approach on cheap chinese snap switches.
>
> Just like what others seem to report.
>
> Is that on direct activation or using an positional offset on a lever?
>
> Using a lever seems like introducing a variable due to spring forces.

Possibly so.  The reason for the roller tipped lever here is so I can go
on by it without any damage.  Same swtch is used for z on my lathe, but
x is a teeny teeny button that is mounted to trip about 5 thou before x
hits a solid stop on the backaway motion.  I paint brush or air hose the
swarf from in front of it before I command a home, but haven't managed
to damage it in at least 2 years now.  Pay no attention to that faint
knocking sound, it just my knuckles on my head. :)