On 02/16/2016 03:15 PM, TJoseph Powderly wrote:
>> I heard rumors here a while ago about micro meter accuracy switch
>> but I guess it might be a little bit expensive.
> my-com switches, 1um guaranteed. every good german wedm uses them
> and high end japanese
> my-com
> yes expensive   paeng maak!  but damn accurate

Yes, 10um ... 5um version starts at about $200, the 1um version is
between $800 and $1500 (depending where you look and what manufacturer).
Actually, the high-side of the price knows no limit.

The whole machine cost $1500 (used) and is about $3500 new. I /could/
install switches more expensive than the machine, but I guess that it
would be slight overkill, not much, but just a teensy bit of overkill.

Hence the humble inquiry into cheapo micro-switches ;-)

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)