There should be a "P" and "N" terminal.  THAT is the connection for the
external braking resistor on your Huanyang.

BTW, another point- I have seen (but not worked with) a "DC brake"
feature on both my X200 and your Huanyang.

I believe that's because regen braking becomes much less effective at
low RPM.  It injects a DC current on the winding which causes
considerable additional drag on the core at low RPM.  But, like I say, I
haven't tried it out.  There are warnings about overheating the
spindle's poles if the current is specified too high or for too long.

Danny

On 3/13/2016 11:26 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 13 March 2016 22:05:11 Danny Miller wrote:
>
>> Which VFD is this?
>>
>> Danny
>>
> A blue label in a matching sized depression on the right side claims it
> is a:
>
> HY01D523B
> With the I/O (1 to 3 phase) voltage (180-250) ratings and Frequency 40-60
> hertz, power at 1.5kw.
> The next line says output 3ph, 220 volt,10 amps, 0-400 Hz
>
> But the booklet in the box claims its an:
>
> ASKPOWER A131, and the pix looks almost but not exactly the same, as the
> pix has a pot to the right of the stop/reset button that this unit does
> not have.
>
> Now, here's something interesting, I ebay searched for that model number,
> and came up with the exact same HY etc number.  But its rated at 2Kw,
> and _does_ have the resistor callouts on the customer interface
> according to the ebay pix! $129 + ship, about $30.  Essentially the same
> as I paid for this one.
>
> Ok, so now I know they are available.  And I'm a bit smarter about what I
> buy next time.  So, this one, which seems to work and would be right at
> home on a gantry router, is officially for sale, first picture of Ben
> (on a $100 dollar bill + ship in my hand owns it.  I paid about $160 for
> this one.
>
> Thanks everybody.

>>> Well, I just took this one down as far as I could get it by taking
>>> out screws abd unsnapping bits & peices w/o demolishing something,
>>> and there aren't any terminals called P or B, anyplace.  The only
>>> thing missing seems to be a short, fat electrolytic labeled C4 in
>>> the art work.  Every other hole in the boards has something in it.
>>> So I guess I tie the motor down with some clamps, and see how fast I
>>> can make it reverse from its own panel.
>>>
>>> I note that the interface terminl board has separate fwd and reverse
>>> outputs tallies.  But in the instructions, about how to configure
>>> it, both accel and decel times can be set as low as .01 seconds.
>>>
>>> Panel 15 while configuring it says its the startup braking voltage,
>>> can be set from 1 to 100 volts.
>>>
>>> Panel 16 is startup braking time, ensuring that it starts from dead.
>>>
>>> Panel 17 is stop braking voltage, set 1 to 100 volts.
>>>
>>> Panel 18 is stop DC braking time, 0.00 to 650.00 seconds.
>>>
>>> Panel 19 selects the speed control input, choice of 5 different
>>> methods, I'd use 3 for External 0-5 volt and feed it the PWM from
>>> the 5i25, which I have been a ssured will work just fine.
>>>
>>> Skipping a bunch of stuff that it looks as if it might be used to
>>> counteract any non-linearities in the speed obtain vs commanded, 7
>>> settings available there.
>>>
>>> Skipping ahead to Panel 29,30,31 which are labeled
>>> 2nd accel time, 0.01 to 650 seconds
>>> 2nd decel time, same range