> Real time is not one of the main concerns of the kernel devs. The kernel
> has graphics drivers that interfere with real time as well as X.

Probably right no one are interested enough. Good real time performance require
proper priority of everything handled from interrupts, I also read system
management interrupts are not possible to get rid of. Knowlegde about which
real time tasks exist within kernel like serial receive buffers which must be
handled before filled up next time or accept lose data is probably another
issue I never even heard anyone mention.

Nicklas Karlsson