On 7 April 2016 at 06:53, Nicklas Karlsson <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An inner velocity loop and outer position loop as above I think is the method.

It is possible to get decent results with torque-mode drives and only one loop.
My mill is running with 8i20 drives and resolver feedback. The servo
thread is running at 1kHz and it all seems to work perfectly OK.

I need to check my PID settings, I am not actually sure that I have
any FF1 or FF2 even. (I set it up a few years ago and have just been
using it since)

--
atp
lunatics."