On Wednesday 06 April 2016 09:34:36 Dave Cole wrote:

> Can you run those drives in velocity mode?
> I think that would be a lot easier to tune.
> I would avoid torque mode if possible.  Life will be easier.
>
> Dave

Dave, this is something I have not seen well defined in our manuals, nor
in the manpages.

It seems to me there s/b a PID settings framework that makes it easy to
apply this "torque" or "velocity" label to a given setup.

The at_pid manpage describes two different strategies by a list of
variables it might play with, but does not go so far as to define that
one is for torque mode while the other is velocity mode.

Some sort of a secret I guess, known only to the initiated and
annointed. :(

What constitutes the framework in terms of non-zero PID entries for each
mode?  Or conversely, what entries must remain at 0.0000 for
each "mode"?