While dd is touted as easy and convenient it is indeed a linux guru tool
only with many gotchas and very difficult to use. Here is an example dd
comand line for your viewing pleasure.

sudo dd if=/dev/sdb1 of=/dev/sdc1 bs=4K count=2654720

and how the numbers are arrived at lol

fired up a python REPL as a calculator and checked partition and
filesystem sizes
for /dev/sdb1 I calculated (end-start)*sector size
from tune2fs you multiply block count by block size
divide two times by 1024 to get MB
divide the partition size by 4k to get a proper block count for dd

I use Clonezilla almost everyday and if you clone a drive the receiving
drive must be the same exact size or larger. If they are not the same
exact drives then you must use the expert mode and tell Clonezilla to
not check the target drive size.

The easy way is to copy the home directory then install from a live cd
then copy the linuxcnc directory to the new drive.

JT