On Sat, 28 May 2016, dan...@austin.rr.com wrote:

> Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 20:58:59 +0000
> From: dan...@austin.rr.com
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Copying an installation
>
> Hmm, well, interesting, the LEDs are flashing wildly in a
>pseudorandomish-looking pattern.  They're all flickering independently, not
>all on/all off.  The 4th one (furthest from the ethernet port), that one
>looks like it's flickering off VERY briefly then back on once every 2 sec.
>
>"setp hm2_7i92.0.led.CR01 TRUE" in the Show HAL Configuration window for all
>the CR0x changes nothing, nor does setting FALSE.  They're flickering
>unchanged.
>
>When I quit LinuxCNC, the LED nearest the ethernet port goes off, the other 3
>are solid-on.
>
>Show HAL Configuration->Threads->servo-thread:
>1  hm2_7i92.0.read
>10 hm2_7i92.0.write
>
>So those are there.
>
>Danny

Default user EEPROM settings make the user LEDs point to RXPKTCount so they
are just an activity indicator (this can be changed to HM2 LEDs by writing 0
to the LEDMode register in the setup EEPROM)

if they look ragged though that does suggest communication problems as they
should be counting up at a average 3 KHz rate (at 1 KHz servo thread) so the
slowest LED should be flickering at around 190 Hz (3 KHz / 16)

I would try another PC or at leas another NIC (Intel and Realtek are known to
work well for real time, Broadcom and Atheros, not so much)

Peter Wallace

Mesa Electronics