Today I was piddling around in the shop and I happened to open up the control
console on one of my CNC mills. This is still the OEM control.
Well the mice had climbed up the inside of the 3" square tubing which mounts
the console and they had built quite a nest inside  with lots of excess urine
on the PCB's and feci everywhere.

I will pull it out with tongs so that if anything snags on board jumpers those
jumpers and settings won't be lost.

I may have to foam the conduit tube to seal it up as I can't conceive of a
simple (cheap) way to keep them out at the hinge point.

I also recently acquired a CNC turning center and have not begun to think about
if/how mice might attack that.

My thought is that ideally I would just run the machine daily and the fresh oil
covering all the interior surfaces would be a deterrent. But I don't have work
lined up such that there are (paying) jobs to be run.

The LCNC user list helps people get things working. A problem that creeps into
such machine builds is material quality. We often have a consumer grade PC with
the side open and loose wires running into our new build. This is fine to prove
the monster lives. But once past that point we need to use oil proof, cat &
mouse proof, or maybe I should say owner/use/fool proof materials when we
finish up our builds. Safety first.

I helped another user with a shoptask conversion and before it was all done I
nearly crashed the machine with a runaway due to a stuck key of a $7.99
keyboard.  Thankfully I had stuck to my own build rules which require a E-Stop
full power cutoff to drivers and spindles. E-Stop saved me.

Well now I'm looking at mice and wondering what other types of parts could be
degrading since a build was first completed.