On Tuesday 26 July 2016 20:52:55 andy pugh wrote:

> On 26 July 2016 at 21:36, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > Humm, further reading says its not rs-485, but rs-232, with a very
> > odd connection scheme. Looks like it has a +12 volt connection on
> > what they are calling pin 1 of an 8 pin card edge connector that
> > does not exist. With serial ground on pin 2, and 4 data transfer
> > pins on 3,4,5,6 and two -12 volt connections on pins 7 & 8.
>
> I don't have any idea where you are looking, but
> http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

That one shows the same model # as does a sticker on the side of this
one, but thats as far as the resemblance goes.  Very little else
matches, so I am convinced the sticker, which is not the same quality as
any of the other labels on it, is just as fake as the rest of it.  The
little booklet that came with it, claims to be "isopower" or some such,
I'll have to go get it. The sticker is in a shallow indentation in the
lower front corner of its right side, Says "HY01D523B" But the booklet
lists models:

A131-XXXX with braking and communication
A131NC-XXXX with braking, without communication
A131NB-XXXX without braking, with communication
A131NBC-XXXX without either

and further defines the XXXX:
1XXX 1: input 3phase 220V, output 3phase 220V
2XXX 2: input 1phase 220V, output 3phase 220V
3XXX 3: input 3phase 380V, output 3phase 380V
5XXX 5: input 1phase 220V, output 3phase 380V
6XXX 6: input 1phase 380V, output 3phase 380V
8XXX 8: input 1 or 3phase 220V, output 3phase 220V

then the XXX is:
007     0.750 kW
015     1.5kW
300     30kW (has to be a miss-print I think, 3.0kW seems much more likely)

So, based on decoding the above, I  think I have an A131NB-8015, made by
ASKPOWER, aka Isacon Power Control Tech Co., Ltd.

And lists a phone #0086-576-87161633(10 line), and a fax line at that
same number + an extra 8005.  Unfortunately, my free LD is lower 48
only.

I peeled a corner of the HY01D523B label and there is nothing under it.
> just shows RS+ and RS- for the "Modbus" connection.

Whereas I have a D- and D+ labels on terminals 11,12. Which I assume work
against the ground on terminal 7 in order to have a longitutdinal over
voltage control.  Or perhaps thats all opto-isolated & only the data
polarity counts?

So I am asking now how the RS-485 keeps track of who owns the buss to
transmit on it since its a differential pair?

And what module would I load to be able to talk to the RS-485(modbus)
over USB?

I am wondering also, if at 9600 baud, is it going to be able to talk fast
enough to do rigid tapping?  I don't think anything else needs that sort
of millisecond control.

And one final Q, why is the usb<->rs485 adapter 1 euro on the continent,
and 20 dollars on this side of the pond?

Thanks Andy.