Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of designing a paint curing oven for my shop. I am going
to control it with linuxcnc. The oven only runs at 120 Degress Farenheight
~ 50 Deg Celsius

So far I plan on using LM35's for temperature reading. A 120V 1500W heating
element driven with a solid state relay.

I would like to use a 7i92 ethernet board along with a 7I66-8 serial card
for IO.

I can use the analog reading capability of the 7I66 to read my temperature
sensors.

I have a couple of questions. Can I hook the 7i92 directly to the 7i66
without needing an in-between card due to the fact that the 7i66 is a
serial card?

I think that this is possible, but would I be able to run one of the output
pins at 60HZ PWM to drive the heating element?

I suppose that I could do a HAL component PWM and just hook it up to a 7i66
pin.

Also any suggestions for a mini PC that can run linux. Even just a
motherboard would be fine, especially if I can power it from 24V DC and
mount it inside of my enclosure. I'd prefer to remain with x86 arch.

Thanks,
   Curt