From: Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com>
Sent: September 4, 2016 12:42 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: [Emc-users] touch probe

Does anybody know if the touch probe gcode (G38) obeys
motion.feed-hold?  (I'm guessing it should, but wondered if
anybody knew?)

This Blum probe I got has IR communication, and sends a
single serial byte every 16 ms when there is no event, and
sends a byte immediately when there is a change of state of
the probe.  So, I was thinking I could have a watchdog timer
that causes a feed hold if the IR pickup fails to report for
50 ms or so.  That might prevent ugly crashes if things go
wrong.

Thanks for any comments,

Jon

lists.sourceforge.net
This list is for users of the Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC). Topics include
how to obtain, install, configure, and use EMC, as well as other general EMC
related ...