On 07/09/16 06:44, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 September 2016 01:05:39 Chris Kelley wrote:
>
>> > What do you need to know about it? The last eBay link you posted has a
>> > picture that shows the pinout.
> Yes and no. No linkage between that pinout, and what pin this is on the
> db25 connector. And its apparently a near 100% mis-match between a
> 5i25's useage of the pins and whatever the hell mach3 uses.  So unless
> that is available in the password locked .pdf or .doc files, these cards
> are only usefull with a mach3 install.  And utterly worthless to me. I
> have lots more on my plate with the mechanical conversion of this
> Sheldon 11x36 than to have to write a new firmware driver for a 5i25
> before I can turn a single motor with something besides my function
> generator.

I crossed them of the list some time ago. The pin-out is 'silly' with
14, 16 and 17 mixed into the S/D list and then 9 used for the spindle.
Yes it needs software like Mach3 which can remap the pins, but the
killer is the hand control only being a direct feed to the stepper
motors. Has its uses as a manual controller but one would expect a
pendent to run the software?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL