On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 19:03:23 -0400
> From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Need unlocked copy of a pdf for a breakout board I
>     just bought two of.
>
> On Tuesday 06 September 2016 18:21:14 dan...@austin.rr.com wrote:
>
> Back on the list Danny.
>
>> Mesaflash allows you to change the IO configuration, but only to a
>> number of premade configs, not arbitrary.  The GPIO has few limits but
>> the location of special-purpose STEPx/DIRx pairs are fixed. But those
>> locations change based on the mesaflash file you use.
>>
>> Danny
>
> I understand that, but without the docs on these boards, I'd be playing a
> game of 25! to find the one correct config.
>
> We'll see what response I get from the vendor about the password in the next
> 24 hours.
>
> In the meantime I have figured out how to put a pretty good swarf shield
> over the X screw, and may duplicate it on the bottom of the saddle so even
> the air hose will have a hard time moving junk into the screw.  And since
> this barrier is on the bottom of the cross-slider, but leaves a catch trench
> in the top, so I'll duplicate it on top so there is a smooth top on the
> cross-feed. I'll have to machine a shallow trench on the top so the top
> shield sits flush.
>
>> ---- Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
>>> Greetings all;
>>>
>>> Those breakout boards I bought 2 of arrived today, and are
>>> apparently pin assigned according to what a mach3 system might use,
>>> including the male db25 on the pcb.  It apparently has pre-assigned
>>> output pin groups that are about as incompatible with a 5i25 as
>>> could be. I never did find where the X axis for my lathe comes out,
>>> but the Z is apparently in the B group of 4.  I ran the spindle,
>>> expecting to see the analog of the pwm someplace, but if its there,
>>> it is routed to the db15 on the other end of the card.  So I go to
>>> look at the pdf of the board thats on the mini cd-r, and found it,
>>> and a .doc file, both of which are password protected. Its not that
>>> much money, and it would cost thru the nose to put a stop payment on
>>> it, but I am tempted anyway.  What a maroon!

The 5I25 should be able to support that breakout easily if you can actually
determine the parallel port pinout. Unlike even a parallel port, the 5I25 can
support completely arbitrary pinouts (any pin can be input or output) as long
as the ground pins dont move, the pinout is possible

Peter Wallace,
Mesa Electronics