Greetings all;
I have found 5 of the signals on this strange bob, the only 5 in this
simple config.  So I have faith I can find the others as I need them.

To say that this board is scrambled is a bit of an understatement.

This vfd's little booklet I have does show a potential rs232 port, but
the socket is not to be found.  So I am stuck running it with a pwmgen
pulsing the 5 volt analog in (pin 3) at a high enough rate it integrates
to analog in its noise filters.  The vendor has assured me that works
fine.

I am however, wondering if the pwmgen has more than one default mode, as
this vfd needs 2 separate run-fwd (pin 8) and run-reverse (pin 9) input
lines in addition to the analog 0-5 volt speed command. If it had a mode
where it grabbed pins 15 and 17 for those two run signals, it would save
some hal trickery.  Is there such a mode?

It does have a 5V Fout (pin 6) but does not say if its a pulse frequency
at motor drive, or an integrated analog voltage.  In either event, I do
not believe its 5i25 compatible, but might be able to drive a separate
dual slope integrating voltmeter if it was range calibrateable to show
freq or rpms.  That would give the operator, me, feedback on when it was
time to change belts or backgears.  Sitting on the table, running free,
I'd say mininum drive hz in any 5 minute period should not be less than
30 hz as the vfd can throttle the current, but it throttles it at about
what a 1.5 horse motor would draw at rated speed at full load, IOW its
warming up the coils of a 1 horse rated motor.  With fresh bearings in
it, I have run it up to 200Hz, (4 pole motors, so thats about 6 grand &
I worry about the fins on the fan) but I doubt it has usable torque as
the current draw is well under an amp/phase then. Same effect on power
that the inductance of a stepper causes. I'll no doubt find out when I
do load it up.

It would be nice if a firmware for it could be cobbled up as 4 axis + 1
encoder & one pwmgen on P3, and a menu of serial ports on P2.  That
would make a one size fits a lot more board for sure.  I'd like to be
able to talk to it and get usable data from someplace besides the
encoder.

Thanks everybody.