On Wednesday 28 September 2016 17:09:36 andy pugh wrote:

> On 28 September 2016 at 20:57, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > So how to satisfy this vfd?  Needs a positive speed pwm, and a
> > positive for run fwd, and a positive for run reverse, presumably
> > mutually exclusive.
>
> VFDs norrnally need their inputs pulled down to their own digital GND.
> (Have you tied BoB GND to VFD GND?)

No, I haven't yet. I have no clue whether the "power source ground" is in
fact connected to the 3rd pin since for single-phase operation it is
supposed to have terminals L & N, but they are missing, and when asked I
was told to just use any 2 of R-S-T. Which is how I've been playing with
it, but I've not checked to see if the static drain is actually
connected. My back's yelling atm as I've been standing up most of the
day messing with the computers hal config, and I believe I have that
sorted, finally.

After I've done dinner, I'll see if I can take some dvm measurements to
make sure its actually safe, and check to see what the resting voltage
is to its power source ground from the fwd and rev terminals. It doesn't
say, so I assumed it needed a pullup, not a pulldown. Its a real
informative little booklet, not! Even the units picture on the cover is
wrong.  The block diagram seems to indicate at lease one opto-isolation
stage. So maybe its fully isolated. It wasn't on my radar with the hal
problems earlier.

Thanks Andy.

And post what I've found of course.