On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 11:15 AM, John Kasunich wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Florian Rist wrote:

> > Could I do something with the axis jog pins:
> >
> >   axis.0.jog-vel-mode
> >   axis.0.jog-enable
> >   axis.0.jog-scale
>
> Those are for using a jogwheel.  See
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/core-components.html
>
> You could use a stepgen in quadrature mode to fake the jogwheel
> counts, and use two buttons to make that stepgen go up or down.
> If you send the "jogwheel" counts to all axes, set the axis.N.jog-scale
> the same for all axes, and turn on axis.N.jog-enable for all axes,
> they WILL move the same distance.

Actually you don't even have to mess around with the stepgen.
All you need is an S32 signal that can be increment or decremented.

The updown component can generate such a signal.  It requires
pulses on its up or down input pins to count.

To make pulses from a pushbutton you could use a pair of xor2
components.  (One for up, one for down).  Connect the button to
one of the XOR inputs.  Connect the XOR output to its other input
(feedback).  When the button signal is "1", the output will toggle
every servo period - meaning 500 counts per second if using a 1mS
servo thread.  When the button signal is "0" the output will sit still.

If you know that the updown block will be counting up or down
at 500Hz, you can set axis.N.jog-scale to get whatever speed you
want at the motor.  For example, a scale of 0.01" per tick times
500 ticks per second would be 5 inches per second.

--
  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm