How hard would it be to get a number for how many lines are in the g-code?

I saw the HAL has a "current line number".  I need the total, presumably
determined when it loaded.

Reason being, my prior post- can give an ETA for 3D carving by (time/current
line number)*(total lines in G-code -  current line number)

e.g. 10 min in, current count is 50k lines, total file is 200k lines, ETA is 30
min.

Danny