On 25 October 2016 at 07:16, Marius Liebenberg <mar...@mastercut.co.za> wrote:

> The 4th axis used to be a stepper and that worked well but we changed the
> stepper for a servo to get more speed through a reduction planetary gearbox.
> I attached the HAl and INI files.

What is the ratio of the gearbox?

I think I would expect much smaller gains for a rotary than for a
linear with the same servo.
Simplistically, one full revolution out-of-position for the linear
axis might be 2mm, but one full motor-rev out-of-position for the
rotary is 36 degrees with a 10:1 gearbox.

That is about a 20x difference, and I would anticipate a 20:1 ratio in
PID gains to match.

--
atp
lunatics."