On Friday 30 December 2016 01:03:04 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 12/29/2016 10:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Yup that too. Chances are such places were a union shop & lots of
> > those places are busy protecting the crane operators job.
>
> No, that place is NOT union, and the real crane operator
> thinks it is totally crazy, too, and will tell you so.
> But, "rules are rules..."

Makes me ask what "genius" is running such a place. :) I am amazed at the
inefficiency of such places.

> Now, at Oak Ridge, which is union, many years ago, we almost
> cause a job action by soldering a wire.

Crazy. I personally have never met an "electrician" that could even
solder a water pipe, let alone make a good solder joint.  Usually, their
hands don't "fit the tools" and the solder joint is colder than a wedge.

> My boss ended up packing the gear in a box and taking it to
> his hotel room to fix.  Later, we seemed to get lucky and
> the place was always on strike when we went there.  Then, we
> could do anything we wanted without interference.
>
> Jon

Which SHOULD have been the assumption since you probably were called to
service something there in the first place. :)

Are we off-topic yet? ;-)