      From: Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
 To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:37 PM
 Subject: [Emc-users] Tida_TD-1336_lathe

A lathe showed up on my doorstep (almost). A friend called up and said
"I've got a lathe in my trailer and I want to know if I can bring it by
today." I guess he knows me well enough to know that I could not refuse.
I have had it a couple of days and I took some time to scrape the first
layer of grime off of it and take some pictures.
http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Tida_Samson_TD-1336_lathe/

One of the control panels indicates it is a Samson TD-1336 (13" x 36")
and that it was made in Taiwan in 1982. It looks like a common Chinese
lathe offered by Grizzly or Harbor Freight. It doesn't have a lot of
wear, but has been abused. The back gears are stripped, the cross slide
has been crashed into, the spindle and chuck have been hammered on
extensively.