On Friday 03 February 2017 15:53:11 Andrew wrote:

> > Yes, you can use OPTO22 racks with any of our 50 pin FPGA cards
> > (except the 4I68 since its I/O is not 5V tolerant). If you have a
> > lot of OPTO 22 racks, a
> > 7I90HD can be used as a sserial remote and drive 3x 24 I/O racks
>
> Thanks Peter.
> I looked at 7I69 too, because the machine has 2 extra opto22 racks
> (but they're almost empty).
>
> I guess 7i80hd_16_st12.bit should fit?
> Does it support sserial? How do I connect sserial board to 7i80HD,
> just in case?
>
> Also, is 7i80HD output voltage enough to drive an optocouple in a
> stepper drive?
>
> Andrew

Run the gpio port in .is_output, .open_drain mode, thats two setp
statements in your hal file, feed your +5 volts to all the stepper
driver + terminals, and your chosen output pin to the minus terminal of
the opto input on the stepper.  Duplicate that for direction. Don't
forget to set the signaling times in the .ini file. It should just work.
Does on my 7i90HD anyway.