Several times I have milled threads (both internal and external) with a
lathe ID threading tool. Instead of a single row this would be called a
single tooth thread mill.
Put it in an end mill adapter and voila you have a thread mill. You can
mill whatever pitch you can program and whatever diameter you can program.
easy peasy!

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:57 PM, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

> On 02/03/2017 11:23 AM, Bengt Sjölund wrote:
> > Take a moment and think again ;)  It is a single row tool.
> > /Bengt
> >

> > Den 2017-02-03 kl. 18:05, skrev Jon Elson:
> >> tool into a chunk of material at the thread pitch feedrate.
> >
> OK, you drill it down the center of the hole at a slow feed,
> and the thread milling teeth open the diameter up quite a
> bit more than the shank diameter.  Then, you deflect to the
> side and thread mill coming back up.  I've never run into a
> tool of this type before. I've used single-row thread mills,
> and use combo drill-taps a lot. Always something new!
>
> Jon

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.