AFAIK any quality VFD made in the last 5+ yrs will be sensorless vector drive,
at basically the same cost as earlier VFDs.

Hitachi WJ200 is a sensorless vector drive.  It's not super-expensive, and it's
a Hitachi.  Yes it has a Modbus driver for it.

HY has worked ok for people, but I would never consider it, a reliable WJ200 is
only a bit more $.

Danny