On 1 March 2017 at 02:16, Charles Steinkuehler <char...@steinkuehler.net> wrote:

> Perhaps a different way of asking my question:
>
> Given two types of 5-axis machine, one with A and B pivots on the
> spindle, and one with A and B pivots on the table, would identical
> gcode be expected to produce identical results on these two machines?

That would certainly be my expectation, yes.
At least for Tool-Centre G-code.

Is it possible to jog the Puma sim to a position in World mode, then
switch to joint mode, move the base, then switch back to World mode
and jog to _exactly_ the same pose and have different XYZABC values? I
would rather hope not.

--
atp
lunatics."