Got some rotary switches in, and built up a palm-sized MPG
pendant for my Bridgeport today.
I built my first pendant using a big Fanuc MPG that John
Kasunich gave me at a codefest/CNC meeting in about 2007.
When I built a second one, I used an encoder very similar to
the ones from MP Jones and found I could do touching-off
with a paper feeler if I held the pendant in one hand and
operated the MPG with my thumb.  My first version was not
set up so that was very easy to do.  So, I just made a new
one that allows me to do that.

See http://pico-systems.com/pendant.html
for pictures of my first and 2nd versions.  The one I just
built with the MP Jones encoder is VERY similar to the 2nd
picture.
You can hold it in one hand, press the enable button with
your index finger and jog with your thumb.

Jon