More good considerations Chris, John, Dave, Gregg, and all!

I do see the possibility of tilting the mount base to match the tilt and
skew of our part fixture, thereby reducing the number of needed degrees
of freedom for the robot.  We also considered that we have X, Y, and
rotary A movement of the machine to assist in positioning as well,
although I can see that complicating things as it would multiply the
hand-offs between controllers.  We should be able to mount the magazine
carousel wherever, but desire easy access.

The weight of our parts are quite light - maximum less than one ounce.
We have a fair amount of room within the enclosure of the machine, and
should be able to fit this stuff fairly close to where the machine
fixture parks.  If it were light and rugged enough, it could ride on the
table.

To Dave's suggestions about utilizing pneumatics - I'm sure that could
be done; stops controlling the travels.  Would it really be easier, or
is the way to make it simple just to have a 6 axis robot to handle any need?

I am going to see what cad modeling can tell us about keeping it
simple.  If that leads us to a low enough cost it could rationalize
getting it done sooner.  I'll also consider the idea of bringing in
sales/consultation, as it could be considerably less time, trouble and
cost compared to hard-knocking it.  Thanks again!

Andy Evans
Evans Precision Tooling Incorporated