On 05/17/2017 04:18 AM, giorgio foga wrote:
> I know these ... never try kicad ... but try more linux cad .... actually
> most part of these works in 3d model but you neet to make a lot of code for
> use it in similar way to (for exe.) Inventor from 2008. Bend in most case is
> only a "mirage"... I know USAF or NASA (not remember now) have make an open
> cad (I think USAF or other Military USA office because I remember a
> simulation 3d of tank shot) ... and i try to use it into 2010 .... really
> much code to write for use it.
>
> So I know quite well linux cad situation .....
>

> Any how I hope with 3d print "revolution" (in europe has already passed but
> it is going to be revived due to several inventions in various states)
> something was moove in that direction. The program  indicate to mee from
> various user is all valid and think i try all next mount when my
> 1500*1200*800 3d print was terminated.
>

> regards
>
> giorgio

I believe the reference to USAF/NASA relates to BRLCAD , Ballistics
Research Laboratory.
The aircraft industry was more tied to APT.  APT might be extensible
with a whole layer on top of the present
software to make it user friendly.

CadCam is rarely written by individuals; the problem is just too
complex. A very committed (insane?)  team of a
dozen individuals might have a shot at it.

Dave