Best thing is the digitally software-programmed ones.  You program in the exact
current, microstepping, whether it uses the Enable line, whether it enabled the
automatic stall detection...

And you can hit "auto-tune" on the motor, it takes over for a second and
stimulates the motor and gets feedback and you can pull up a graph of its
stability.

You can set it for a midband self-generated test step sequence and manually
adjust the midband resonance dampening.  Honestly could not find anything to
dampen.  Already totally stable.

I use the Leadshine AM882 and A882H (higher voltage). The DM556 just seems to
be an American-market rebranding of the AM882 with a somewhat higher price tag.

Bottom line, for the AM882 at least, yes, "super nice", "worth it at any
price", "would never go back".

Danny