On 05/27/2017 09:43 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I do not have the hm2 hardware, but that should not prevent me from
>> seeing the problem on the SPI bus.
>
> I think you'll have to have the hm2 hardware, although I'll be glad to be
> the lab rat if you want to PM me the newly built modules.

Well, it just needs to load the RT module (hm2_rpspi) and then it may
bail out anyway it likes. Once the module loads it will initiate a probe
on the SPI bus, which I can measure.

>>> Thats not the smiley I'd use.
>> Well, I'm still smiling, hope you are too.
> I am at the thought that you might build us a working driver. ;-)

We're not there yet.

I now have a working Pi3 (4.9.30-rt20-v7+) and a linuxcnc (LINUXCNC -
2.8.0~pre1) from github running on the pi. Now I need to reproduce the
problem before I can hack it.

What I am missing are the target CNC machine configuration files. Gene,
could you send me a tarball with the specific machine setup you have
been testing?

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)