> On Jun 3, 2017, at 5:17 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 3 June 2017 at 01:11,  <tom-...@bgp.nu> wrote:
>> However, what we were seeing (and have seen multiple times now but cannot
>> yet re-create at will) is that even though our routine is commanding say, a
>> diameter of .324, the DRO in Axis is showing the cutter down below that.
>> Meaning there is a disconnect between the commanded position and where the
>> machine is really is.
>
> Are you displaying commanded or actual position? ie, is the axis not
> where LinuxCNC commands it to be, or is LinuxCNC not commanding the
> numbers from your G76 command?

The DRO is showing the actual position.  I am pretty sure the commanded
position from G76 is being sent correctly, at least when this problem is NOT
happening it works fine.  I am going to try cutting some more today and will
see if I encounter this issue again, though I am not sure what I should look at
when it is happening?

> The G76 code is here:
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/9e4641a816ab8fe4f6a09a48fac550cc8aef1dee/src/emc/rs274ngc/interp_convert.cc#L4590
>
> That seems quite explicit:
> double end_depth = fabs(k_number) + fabs(i_number);
>
> And the last moves are cut at start_x - end_depth

We were talking about looking at the G76 code to see what it was doing, thanks
for the pointer to it.

-Tom