On 06/20/2017 01:31 PM, tom-...@bgp.nu wrote:
The Halscope trace of:  hm2_7i43.0.stepgen.02.position-cmd,
hm2_7i43.0.encoder.02.position,  hm2_7i43.0.encoder.02.index-enable,
axis.2.home-sw-in with trigger of axis.2.f-errored can be seen here:
http://bgp.nu/~tom/pub/enc2.png

Welllll that looks fine. And my reading of the homing code tells me the theory i had (about the jump in the encoder position) is wrong. I now think it's perfectly normal for the .motor-pos-fb pin to jump during homing, and the homing logic in Motion compensates for it by changing the internal home offset at the same time.

Can you show us a plot like that one, but with axis.2.f-error instead of .f-errored, add the axis.2.joint-pos-cmd, .joint-pos-fb, and .motor-offset pins, and then zoom in on the f-error event?

Also increase the gain so we can see the fine detail on all the position-releated pins (both cmd and fb).

Thanks...

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky