On 06/24/2017 06:20 PM, dave wrote:

Thanks Jon,
Tried that earlier in the day and didn't get anything.
Just tried it again and what to my wondering eyes ... axis. :-) Still struggling with the interface but it seems to be giving me the same errors as tk. I can't quite figure out how I can be in the middle of the bed .... with a small part and still
get limit violations.
These are soft limit errors, or limit switch tripped errors? Soft limit errors will manifest when you try to jog past them, the machine will just stop with no explanation. A limit switched tripped will raise a red warning message on the screen. If you are getting limit switch tripped conditions, then you may have a problem with flaky wiring, or insufficient pull-up or whatever on the digital inputs. If soft limits, then you need to check that homing is working right, and that the right numbers have been given for MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT for each axis.
I suspect it is heat. The heat sink was maybe 120 F. Before I go too much farther
I will rig a fan.

If you are getting FOLLOWING error limits, then the axis is not following the commanded position accurately.

Jon